Programme for the Full Socialisation of Children with Special Needs into Their Communities
The Apollonia Foundation, in partnership with the non-profit group MSSA “Macedonian Scientific Society on Autism”, is implementing the project “A Program for Full Socialization of Special Needs Children Into Their Communities”, funded by the European Union through the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights in the amount of 77.000 € (4.700.000 denars).
The primary goal of the project is to increase the social integration and development of children with special needs in the 4 municipalities of the southeast region of Macedonia: Gevgelija, Dojran, Valandovo, and Bogdanci.
Other goals include:
- Increasing the capacity for working with children with special needs to 320 participants including teachers from 9 primary schools, teachers from 7 kindergartens, parents of children with special needs, special educators and other experts working in this field, youth development professionals from 4 municipalities; and NGO’s;
- Providing access to resources and information to project constituents by making them available on a website for future use and support;
- Increasing the awareness, visibility, and acceptance of children with special needs in school system and community programs;
- Promoting early recognition of sensory problems in kindergarten children;
- Providing sensory therapy for children with special needs;
- Providing conditions for the rehabilitation of young adults with disabilities.
For more information please contact Snezana Saramandova, project manager at email@example.com, or call 071-299-728.